|"I cannot see the signal..."|
SCEPTIC SITES ANALYSED, ANSWERED AND ABOMINATED
From time to time, I come into contact with die hard sceptics who seem to spend their time doing nothing else but seeking to prove that Christianity and the Bible is false. In past days, I have looked at their sites and read their literature. Since you can
1) Sceptic websites are compiled by those who have ANOTHER RELIGION. Although they may protest loudly to the contrary, yet they seem to spend an awful lot of time fighting the God whom they don't believe even exists. The twofold creed of the atheist seems to be:
(1) THERE IS NO GOD
(2) I HATE HIM
I don't believe in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy, but if I appeared to dedicate my life to putting together web page after web page - which takes time - then you would have reason to suspect that my denials are as much to convince myself as well as any one else.
2) Sceptic websites are often compiled by those who start of on the premise that the Bible is always wrong or in contradiction. If we show that the various passages which supposedly contradict can be reconciled, we are often accused of special pleading etc. Sceptics are living proof of the Bible itself that tells us that the natural man cannot receive the things of God (1 Corinthians 2:14) Even a miracle would not convince them of the truth of the Bible as Luke 16:30-31 and John 12:37 points out.
3) Sceptic websites are often compiled by those who will not stop at anything to smear the veracity of the word of God. Having gone through some of these sites, I have witnessed how the compiler is prepared to misquote what is written, or put the worst possible interpretation upon what is written.
4) Sceptic websites are compiled by those who have nothing better to offer. They have nothing to give to those in the gutter. They offer nothing to the guilty or to the dying. They bury their dead to the hackneyed strains of "You'll never walk alone" but they can't explain what they mean by this and Christians at the funeral are too polite to ask.
5) Sceptic websites are often compiled by those who just rehash what is written elsewhere. This is how I can afford to be general. The policy seems to be: Throw enough mud and some of it will stick.
6) Most, if not all, the sceptics objections are answered in the following sources: Haley's well known book on Bible difficulties also John Gill's commentary and Matthew Poole's commentaries.
SEE INDEX PAGE FOR FULL LIST OF ARTICLES ON THIS BLOG