Monday 13 January 2014

more shoutin'

 

To be fair, this quote comes to us second hand. #Hamblin himself did not post it up, nor RT it (even though it bears his name) However, it comes from a sympathiser and Hamblin's Twitter name appears on it in full. I tweeted #Hamblin asking him to confirm or deny its authenticity, but have heard nothing back. (FTR: #Hamblin only RT's or answers those who gently soap his back for him, so I don't qualify.) It may be, however, that even #Hamblin will recoil from these sentiments attributed to him and I sincerely hope he does. However, if he does, then it will be a stepping back from a low view of preaching with which his name has become synonymous. I deal with the PT Barnum style of preaching here, so I won't go over old ground on this post. 

FTR: I consider these attributed words of #Hamblin's to be well nigh blasphemeous.

Update:




 
INDEXES:

* CALVINIST INDEX
* PROTESTANT INDEX
* CH SPURGEON INDEX
* EVANGELISM INDEX
* HERE AND THERE INDEX

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to comment here provided that the usual principles of Christian comment e.g. politeness etc. are observed.