Saturday 13 September 2014

Ian Paisley

Dr. Ian Richard Kyle Paisley (1926-2014)

Sometimes I name two men who really influenced me in the earliest days of my Christian faith. Of course, they were several others, but these two men stand out particularly in my mind. Both men are now in the Glory with the Lord. 

One was a Scotsman, Jack Mitchell, who pastored in the Iron Hall Assembly and who passed away in 2003. 

The other was Dr. Ian Paisley, who passed away only yesterday. They were both solid Fundamentalist preachers whose belief in the authority of God's word was never in any doubt.  If I have any fire in my belly, I owe it, under God, to these men and their faithful ministry. 

Others have paid their own tribute on the passing of Dr Paisley. I know both Rev. Aaron Dunlop and Rev. Stephen Hamilton personally, and fully endorse and share their personal tributes to Dr Paisley. Click here for the official statement of our Free Presbyterian Church.  Do take the time to click these links. Our prayers are with the Paisley family at this time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to comment here provided that the usual principles of Christian comment e.g. politeness etc. are observed.